I wasn´t going to post anything for the next two weeks because of my visitors who are arriving shortly. Sir Winston has already sneaked off into the cellar with which to prepare himself for his voluntary two week avoidance of being too close to strangers. He is not very social – especially towards people he does not know.
However, the lads and myself were quite honoured to have been nominated the “Very Inspiring Blogger Award” from chynawithay @ nosuchthingasnormal.wordpress.com for our meagre efforts at attempting to make humans more aware of their environment. We were especially surprised because we have only just set off on the road to blogging.
By the way, Mr Midnight asked if there was also a “food-prize” going with the award but obviously, I had to let him down. I will however, make it up to him the next time I visit my local supermarket.
The rules for the award are as follows:-
1. Display the award logo on your blog (top).
2. Link back to the person who nominated you (below logo)
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 7 other bloggers for this award and link to them (below 7 things).
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
1. I was born and raised in the UK. (Mr Midnight and Sir Winston are both past residents of Thuringia, Eastern Germany.)
2. I believe in individuality and freedom; as do Mr Midnight and Sir Winston.
3. Because of my inner desire to attempt to build more awareness for our everyday actions (attitude and behaviour), I published my first non-fiction book “Nice Place, Shame About the Human Race” in December of 2012.
4. I love most music genres, especially classic, light jazz and 80s pop. Sir Winston also loves classic, particularly Schubert and strangely enough, experimental works a la Ryuichi Sakamoto. Mr Midnight is a devout Depeche Mode fan, especially liking the albums “Playing the Angel” and the latest one, “Delta Machine”. I think it is because he simply adores analogue keyboards and because he loves wearing black himself. 🙂
5. I also like playing around with my keyboards.
6. I am a philatelist. I often seek solitude in discovering past events on little pieces of paper. My main area of interest being German philately, especially of the old German states.
7. Jogging clears my mind for lifes many trials.
And now, rule 4, my Blog nominations. (not in any specific order)
1. http://www.theverybesttop10.com – because this blog simply helps to brighten our world.
2. http://www.catpawscafe.com – a light read, just as though one is sitting in a coffee shop. This one is also one of Sir Winston´s favourite blogs.
3. http://www.thecitizensoffashion.com – my main occupation is also in the fashion industry. A great source for ideas, individuality and also, very professional.
4. http://www.bzebza.com (insidemyglitchingmind.wordpress.com) – this blog has a fascination for photos of fences. I love the idea because it is slightly whacky and because fences, walls and boundaries are in the heads of most of us in modern society. Nice idea from an interesting angle.
5. http://www.prophetbrahmarishi.me – inspirational, with life viewed from a spiritual angle.
6. http://www.trueblueforyou.wordpress.com – a nice blog and filled with encouraging wisdom.
7. http://www.jesscy.com – honest, encouraging, down to earth stuff. I really enjoy reading her articles.